Home

Second July


01 May 2009

Wardrobe

Hi all! This serves as a lagging indicator for those who're not aware that I'm finally back home! Home sweet home. Nothing has change, except for that broken kitchen cabinet handle, faulty water dispenser and two burned out lights in my bathroom which my brother refuses to fix. I think we need to wait til all four of them to be burned out before it's worth a round of mending.

Anyway, it takes one whole week of bumming around before I finally say to myself that enough is enough, I have to blog. Like seriously blog and not just slap a photo or two and call that a post. So I wait and waited for some inspiration and voila. I've got it.

Since I'm back home, it's imminent that I'll get naggings. Last year I got a complaint on my bag and the year before that, for not waving to my friends. This year, ladies and gentlemen, we are going to focus on, wait for it, my wardrobe.

I'm currently having a growing collection of tanks, which I happily hang along with the rest of my polo, baby and non-baby tees. But that's not the point. The point is my mom doesn't like my boyish dressing style. Granted, if you don't know but I think you ought to know by now, my choice of clothings tend to lean towards what you would consider the boyish spectrum of your imaginary wardrobe style-o-scale.But don't get me wrong, my clothes can only be found in the ladies department (very rarely the kids department for bargains) and not the gent's, except for the occasional free campus t-shirt I oh-so-like to wear to sleep.

I'd choose comfort over style anytime. Simple as that. If it's a hot day, don't expcet me to put on a body-hugging shirt unless you're bringing me to a place with aircon (read: shopping mall). Either that, or it's a really special occasion, like a presentation, then I'll bother to dress up. This reminds me of how I went all out for my piano concert. Searching for that elegant black dress that matches my partner's is by no means an easy task. Try playing a piece with pedal whilst wearing dress of the 'wrong' length, with the 'wrong' kind of fabric and cutting, you'll understand why.

In light of my commitment towards tees, be it polo or non-polo, dark or non-dark (we shall leave the topic on choice of colours for another day), my mom will almost, no, cross that and make it certainly, point towards frilly blouse which she knows that I will never wear unless I decide to make a major wardrobe facelift. And she commenting on how she dislikes my choice of clothings is like someone telling a fat fler right in the face that she has no rights to wear a tank top because it's a freaking pain to one's eyes. FYI, no, that thought did not come from me, I read it somewhere else thank you.

As for bottoms, societal norm dictates that us female should wear something that opens up widely like a parachute, as demonstrated on signs on certain public doors. Yet, I don't see a point in wearing skirts unless for aesthetic reasons. Yes, I do have one or two lying around in my cupboard and no, they're not my school uniform. Recent developments for my choice of bottoms are 1) experimenting on really short shorts and 2) hunting for the perfect-fitting almost-skinny pants. If I want to fit nicely in one, I thought I'd first need to reduce the circumference of my thighs and that junk in the trunk. I'm happy to announce that I'm halfway there and the secret is a jog a day.

So my (last) point is, if I dress sloppily, yes go ahead and tell me. That, or if I have a hole at the back of my pants. I figure my mom would definitely be happy to see my wardrobe tips towards the other end of the wardrobe style-o-scale for once, nevertheless there are clearly far better ways to make a mom proud. This is just a trivial thing, is it not?

Labels: The Dark One

posted by: JYLing @ 8:18 PM


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

+ + +

Categories

  • The Athelete
  • The Dark One
  • The Educatee
  • The Materialist
  • The Musician
  • The Oddball
  • The Snapper
  • The Sociable
  • The Taggee

Wander



Calendar

Loading...
 Loading...


Credits

+ Blogger.com
+ Simple-Blogskins

Murmurs

↑ Grab This Widget




© 2010 Second July