21 October 2008
I failed the Holy Blue Solution Test
I felt so good last Friday that I've decided to go donate blood. Based on previous experience, it's nothing scary or painful or that sort. Since they're giving away free badges and packets of milo (if lucky. fruit juice otherwise) , so why not right?
After doing all the admin thing and long list of interesting questionaire ( E.g: For Male: Did you have any sexual relationship with a male for the past X months? Hmm..I wonder why M'sia doesn't have this kinda questionaire), a chat with the doctor for blood pressure, off I went to the nurses for the Holy Blue Solution Test (HBST).
And that's where I failed. Or my red blood cells did. Very unforunately, the sample droplets taken from my finger decided to swim instead of sink in the HBST, which translates to something along of the line of "sorry ma'am, you're unable to donate. Red blood count not enough lah". Initially the droplet sank around one quarter in the beaker, then it decided to FLOAT all the way up. That's when my heart immediately sank. It's like failing one of my math tests, not that I've failed before anyway.
So the nurse referred me to one of the doctors stationed at the other side and I went back with 2 weeks' supply of ferrous fumarate tablets plus one whole day's worth of disappointment =(
Labels: The Oddball
posted by: JYLing @ 6:26 PM
+ + +
Loading...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home