28 June 2007
Giddy
I'm feeling a lil giddy. @_@
The peeps over at UM Hospital came over to my school today and took away my maiden blood donation. Sigh, it was such a proud moment.
It was a last minute thing. And because I'm not of age yet, there's this permission letter that requires your parent's signature (as usual), terpaksa sign myself. I asked my parents the day before bout it, so it's still acceptable lar.
What happened this morning was, I realised that almost half the ladies in my class decided to donate. Then I said to myself ( in my head), " be a man Jia Yin, just sign and pass up the form only mah!" Man as in man-vs-chicken's man, not man vs woman ok.
But of course I didn't donate just because I wanna follow the crowd lar, I follow my head one.
While lining up for our turns to test out our blood and stuff ( I'm not underweight! ), I was looking at some students who were lying down, relaxingly skipping class, letting the blood flow out, half expecting someone to pass out lar, which is kinda normal when you're donating around 300 litres of those red stuff.
Suddenly, I turned around and saw the guy queuing behind me passed out. =_="
Pity him lar, became hot topic for the donation drive liao. Even before sparring some blood first.
At the end of the day, they extracted 300 litres from me smoothly. Fortunately, no passing out! Plus, you can check your blood group leh! There's this guy who's in charge of manually determining your blood type. Manually as in dripping some yellow and blue solution on your blood, use the toothpick to mix them up and see if they gumpal or not. I think.
Don't know accurate or not lor! He was like crossing out the box for blood type A for my friend, then check out the results of the mixture again, then changed his mind and crossed out B. WTH! He blamed it on the blood's slow reaction some more.
Apparently, the O group is the most desirable blood type among the girls. So...yeah, I'm a universal donor! =D
Why should you donate blood? Because you'll get a booklet that's suppose to be a certificate, in return. Plus! You can feel the good karma surrounding you after that, really.
Be a man, go donate blood.
EDIT: Ops. Correction. Should be 300 mililitres. If 300 litres means can die liao. Whatever lar, still 300.
Labels: The Oddball
posted by: JYLing @ 2:13 PM
+ + +
Loading...
1 Comments:
walao....
they have those blood donation thing in my school too~
but i never dare to line up n donate those RED stuff..
anywayz, i might get rejected for me being underweight...haha~
*CLAP* for jia yin!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home