26 December 2009
KL Bird Park
I tagged along when Dad asked me if I wanted to join him and his friend for photography at the KL Bird Park last Friday. I'm glad I did, cos it was an awesome place.
Did you know that it's the world's largest free-flight walk-in aviary? The birds would just fly at your direction and they expect you to step aside to make way for them. Exciting much?
And I'm not talking about those cute lil mockingbird type, please. You could literally walk alongside birds as tall as a 5-year-old kid.
You may notice from the photos I'm about to post up that I took very minimal photos of the feathery vertebrates. I shall clarify this now. Firstly cos there were already two cameras snapping photos consisting of ONLY those animals, with lenses as heavy as an encyclopedia. Secondly, because I don't really fancy snapping them per se.
Without further babbling, I give you photos of the Bird Park.
we were the first in the park that morning
ticketing booth opens at 9am
long stretch of cages
it was like stepping into jurassic park
we were early, so there were only 3 of us
the only thing missing is tarzan. or king kong.
i have to post this because of what the uncle did.
was so pissed when i saw him, pinching the poor duckling's back while it stuggles frantically to escape, with the young daughter looking on excitedly.
i felt like slapping his hand but if i did that, my dad would be in trouble. so i didn't. just stared at him disapprovingly.
i just couldn't believe a father who appeared so loving (if i were to crop the photo) could be so damn shitty, cruel and insensitive to such cute animals.
shame on you, uncle.
lunch at the Hornbill Restaurant
our table was da bomb.
the birds just kept stopping by our table
people around us were snapping photos of the birds (with us and our lunch inside)
there was even one japanese lady who stopped by and said a long string of japanese words to my dad's friend.
it was kinda funny cos he didn't understand a single thing and just smiled politely.
i did caught the word 'kirei', which means pretty or beautiful.
Credits to Nic for the camera =)
Labels: The Snapper, The Sociable
posted by: JYLing @ 1:54 AM
+ + +












Loading...
2 Comments:
kl bird park lake garden i suppose? :)
PL
yep^^
Post a Comment
<< Home