21 December 2009
for the love of jeans
Ladies and gentlemen, I proudly present to you the stitches and seams of my first ever skinny jeans.
Let us teleport back to the times of our forefathers and savour the beauty of black and white photographs while I do some photo talk.
I was immediately poissoned the second I tried on the pair of jeans. I was in the spacious changing room at Puma, the Gardens, with my sister looking on. My brother was trying on a pair at the same time, in the next changing room. That was last Saturday.
How we arrived at the idea of purchasing these ridiculously overpriced pair of jeans was, I would say, accidental. I was in the bathroom doing my stuff. My brother was in his room doing his stuff. Evisu jeans are going thirty percent discount at Puma, get two at half the price, I blurted, without the slightest intention to get one.
Because even at half price, the pricetag seemed as if it was never halved in the first place. Nor the thought that he would pay attention to my random musings across his side of the bathroom door.

And then I realized something out of the ordinary. He was taking in my statement, like seriously. How did I know? Because the next minute, he msn-ed (just guessing on the channel of communications from the other side of the door) one of his friends and said that one of them might be interested as well.
It's true when they say three's a crowd. I mentioned two pairs going at half price, but what do we do with three pairs?
Which means that subconsciously in my mind, the probability of me donning a pair of Japanese jeans rose exponentially over t less than two seconds, to approximately one. I thought it overshot one, in fact.
And there you have it, the heart-warming story behind the splurge that left my wallet with just a two-dollar note, in Singapore currency. Phew, at least it's worth something.
This is definitely not your average jeans. It is as if an artist was hired to work on them. The signature seagull print on the back pockets. It's easily recognizable, just like the swoosh. The imperfect stitches that appear intentional. The doodles on the inside of the pockets. The unique seams on inside of the legs.
Just like how I'll never get the value of holding an LV bag, you'll probably never understand why I treasure the beauty of this line of jeans so much.
At the least, we have to agree that both are detrimental to the bank account.
Labels: The Materialist, The Snapper
posted by: JYLing @ 9:40 PM
+ + +









Loading...
2 Comments:
O.O
*droools over ur evisu*
*drools over your bike* ;)~~~
Post a Comment
<< Home