29 November 2009
midnight makeshift
Hi to all the good people out there. Yes, I'm blogging quite often now, am I not? It's during the exam period that I have thiiiiissss much free time. Oh, pardon for the weird writing style. If you'll check the timestamp, it's the middle of the night and I get light headed at this time of the day. Like another person altogether. Crappier, snappier, hungrier and hornier. Nah, just kidding on the last most.
It's also during the exam period that I eat like crap. I went to the supermarket last weekend looking for choclairs cos the stock I brought back from KL (thanks mom!) was depleting at this amazing exponential rate. I went round the aisles like a crazy lady but nope, no choclairs in sight. Then! I found the perfect substitute - MARS in funsize pack at a discount! I bought 2 packets and finished 1 of them in a week. That means for the past week, on average I chowed down 2 MARS per day.
So earlier today I decided to check out these innocently shrunken MARS bars' energy level, the numbers are neither fun nor innoncent at all. No wonder they were on discount. I thought I had to stop murdering myself with all those fat. Cos seriously I don't want my face and tummy to go through what happened on my first year here. Never will that rate of expansion happen on me again. ever.
But then I found out that mars are definitely more heavenly than sneakers. More chocolatey, they are.
It's been a long time since you hear me rant so I'll do it once for now, though I ought not to cos it's official matters. Back to the rant. I e-mailed one of my committee members and asked whether a budget cut on food and beverages for one of our events next year is possible. If yes, til what extent, I added, with my estimation of figures per pax.
Mind you, I put the questions nicely, formally, in a clear language and highly presentable in bullet points. All it lacks is a red ribbon on top. And to point out the urgency (cos I need the figures for a proposal to be handed in by the end of this month), I sms-ed her that I sent the e-mail. She replied me around two days later, which is good. She wrote "if the budget is less, then we might need to source for cheaper food loz" and sealed with a smiley. In total she gave me a two-liner. Five if you count the 'hi' and the signing off. I know it's the exam period but are you that busy to provide me with at least some figures derived from no more than 2 simple arithmetic operators?? Gah, where's the scholar's brain please.
So I read between her 2-liner and interpreted that she didn't exactly say it's impossible to feed our fellow musicians with those figures I provided so...I'll take that as an OK and bloody make sure she makes sure everyone will be well-fed during the concert next year.
There, got that out of my chest. Then again, it didn't bother me for that long. It was just that few seonds after reading. My crappy snacking habit is worrying me more. All this typing is making me hungry. So tempted to grab a MARS. Very tempting but no, I shall not.
Last thought before I become crappier. Now that I'm having short hair, I'm thinking of keeping it long. And that's irritating cos when I was having long hair, I wanted to chop it off, very much.
Shall end with a photo. I've been posting photos generously lately, so make sure all you good people didn't skip any paragraph in this post, including this. Leave a comment if necessary, or even if it's not. One-liner will do just fine.
Labels: The Dark One, The Educatee, The Oddball
posted by: JYLing @ 12:25 AM
+ + +

Loading...
8 Comments:
So freaking many updates :)Haven't been reading blogs for a while! Haha. Ok, I am so going to make it a point to group with you in Research Methods, so that you can edit all the work ya! :D:D
Talking about chocs... U know wht we have in the fridge?? :D
pK : yeah come join me! i don't mind doing JUST the editing park ;)
anony: are you yb?? o.O
No, i'm royce!
ok i'll leave you a comment!!! haha!
eh where was the pic taken? the balcony where you're standing looks familiar thou..
oh btw, nice butt :P
PL
royce: there's only one royce i know and it's a chocolate brand =x
PL: why, thank you on the compliment! haha.
that was taken at one of those heights at gasing hill ;)
i knew it, i have this telepathy with my territory hehe...what to do! i stayed here since 2001!!
PL
Hey royce, it's a nuisance to type capital letters on the iphone ya know. no wonder someone's been using all the shortforms and whatnot =/
Post a Comment
<< Home