15 August 2009
Roomie Shroomie
Hi everyone. You would've thought that the blog is dead by now, but nope, it's just as alive as I am breathing right now. Except it's hibernating.
I'm back at the island and am currently 'obssessed', as some of my friends like to put it, with my roomie. No, I'm not in love with her. But that doesn't mean I can't help her sweep her side of the room and clean her section of the vanity shelf.
What we're seeing here is totally different category of roomie altogether. Not that I categorize them accordingly, I've only had 2 roomies so far mind you. Make that 3 if you count my sister. Or 5 if you count my parents. Again, if you've notice, my brother is missing from the picture but that didn't stop him from giving me birthday presents.
One of my friends is having a roomie as well, just as local but probably not as tan and kick-arse cool as mine. We were talking about our new-found roomies (because we just have to ask. oh, the axienty of opening the door and then finding some stranger standing there staring back at you, just as startled) and she said it's not possible to be buddies with your roomie, unless you've develope a friendship before that.
Now, we're talking about someone whom you'll meet almost everyday (or in my case, just 4 days a week) and sleep together (in the same room) for the next one year, and the one thing that stops us from being buddies is the latter. Why so? That same friend of mine thought that after one day's worth of hard work, you'll want peace in your room (I suspect she is just as introvert as I am).
On the other hand, it depends very much on who and how is the person you're sharing the other corner of your room with. You wouldn't want to live with a dirty rat (unless you're one yourself) or some inconsiderate brat. Nationality of the person plays a part too. I know it's stereotyping but you'll know when the time comes.
As for me, basically I'm thankful for anyone who'll keep her things to her side of the room. I'm a territorial person, so if you don't violate my space, I'll gladly sweep your side of the floor for you. And if you have a nice smile, I'll gladly make sure your vanity shelf is clean.
posted by: JYLing @ 5:03 PM
+ + +
Loading...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home