21 April 2009
watermelon
Can you believe that I've actually completed the whole first year of my three-year course?? Yeah, I know, I can too.
I'm preparing to move out and realized that there are some stuff that I need to get rid of. Most of them are not worth mentioning here but one particular item. It pains me deep down right to my toes. My basketball. It's bulky and that makes a fairly good reason for it to be rid of. Been assuring myself for the last few hours that it's seriously worn out, there isn't any grip left on the surface and is a pain in the gluteus maximus to shoot properly.
On hindsight, it is special. It was unlike any other basketball. I received a bunch of remarks on how unique it is (if you're wondering what in the world..you'll see my point in the photo), which is one of the reasons why I've bought it in the first place. It has been with me, at least, for the past 3 years.
Like how I had develope feelings towards my Swatch over the years, I did the same to my Spalding. Or should I say, I did the same to all my Spaldings. The most I've ever spent on a sphere-shaped object was on my previous Spalding, which was as unique as my current one. It came with a built-in pump (yes there really is such thing) and the ball was still perfectly shpere-shaped. Naturally, everyone came to appreciate it til the day it decided not to be shpere-shaped anymore. The outer layer was so worn out that it just burst on broad daylight. That, in my opinion, is the best reason to get rid of a basketball.
Labels: The Athlete
posted by: JYLing @ 8:59 PM
+ + +

Loading...
4 Comments:
u have a swatch??
duh! omigosh how many years jor...
hey...u gonna throw that ball away? aww... miss it so much...
miss playing with u guys and the ball..
anyway,
bye ball..:(
hope you doing fine there~
great day!
Threw it away already =(
yah, miss b-balling with you guys too! shall we wait til the next tp band installation?:P
thanks! hope everything's smooth sailing over there too!
Post a Comment
<< Home