17 April 2009
Post first week of exams blah
At this hour next week, I will probably be sitting comfortably in front of a huge LCD screen, enjoying a TV show or two with my mom. Or have my hands stuck to my piano keys. Or just maybe, wandering around in a shopping mall. Whichever is fine with me, cos I will have nothing, I mean ZERO things to worry about, except how to spend the rest of the holidays. Oh I might need to worry bout my resume.
First week of exam down. I've also elaborated a lil on my first paper. For the second paper, DAMN EASY CAN??!!! Elaborate on the unique characteristics of soap opera and it being a women's genre, they asked. Pft, was smiling to myself inside out upon reading. If not for the strict silence rule, I would have LOL or do a dance or two. That's my elective on popular cultures by the way and totally nailed it. Confirm get A++. NOT. Cos I did the stupidest thing, S/U-ing it - which means I won't receive any grading except either Satisfactory or Unsatisfactory. Shit mou???
was listed as one of the examples of soap opera in the lecture notes
Ok never mind, I shall honour this subject as my favourite and most interesting subject for the semester. Also cos of the fact that it's probably the only exam paper that allows me to use the word 'superbitch'.
Third paper was IT, kinda OK. Smiled to myself inside out also, cos the first question was on Linux. Linux oh Linux, you brought me so much luck. I know a lot of people are saying that this IT course is crap but somehow it made me thought of majoring in IT instead. And this reminds me of how blessed I am to be able to relate with what I'm learning. Dual/quad cores, open-source softwares, clock speed, TCP/IP, 802.11g/n, Global Crossing (hallelujah rapidshare. fans of that download server from this corner of the world would definitely know this term. if not, ask me. you NEED to know), DNS, LAN etc..you get the idea, I'm trying to appear geeky here.
All the hours spent on my faulty wireless router and aimless routing rerouting finally paid off. Plus playing Hocus Pocus, which is like the first proper game I've ever played on the computer. (Remember that, bro??) And from what I remember, the first time I came in contact with a computer was when my dad brought home his IBM laptop from work. And I'm also amazed that my dad actually knows quite a bit about IT, especially when he said that it's not a good idea for us to change our wireless router from 802.11g to 'n'. The reasoning that he gave me at that time (around 2 years ago) was exactly the gist of what my IT professor taught us. That is really amazing, considering the fact that my dad needs to check with me on how to copy, transfer and paste files.
And I started on my packing.
Can't wait =)
Labels: The Educatee
posted by: JYLing @ 1:40 PM
+ + +
Loading...
1 Comments:
oh! you're in finals' period too, same as us(ucsi's) =)
hahah i cant wait for you to come back too =) =)
all the best!
Post a Comment
<< Home