11 March 2009
Prodigy
Around a month back, I discovered that my piano partner, tHc, is one of them. Them being true musicians, which I aptly named based on the fact that they're born to be one.
I'm not one of them. What separates me from them is this ability to identify any pitch on the piano just by listening. No looking at all. Just by ear. Isn't that amazing? I'm not sure whether it is an inborn gift or whether it could be trained. For sure, I'm not born with it and certainly did not receive any training on that at all.
I knew there are people out there with this ability but one that I personally know of? It just blew me away. There I was, practising the piano with her. We stopped for a break. I played a song from one of her (and mine as well) favourite composers. And then halfway through, she joined in, without any musical notes whatsoever. I asked her from where did she get her score. She said she didn't have any. She doesn't need one. It's all in one place - her brain. For the rest of the break we had, I requested all the songs I could ever think of. And she played. Both hands nicely arranged, as in the melody plus left hand accompaniment.
Immediately after that, I tagged her as a prodigy. She thought it is a common characteristic shared by most, if not all, musicians. I, of course, did not agree. But now I wonder if there is a possiblity that I might belong to the minority.
Labels: The Musician
posted by: JYLing @ 6:26 PM
+ + +
Loading...
2 Comments:
wow.. ur fren sound really talented.. i think you'll be just as good as her one day. Stick close to her la maybe she'll rub on some magic talent powder on u! lol
*astonished*
indeed a prodigy! your friend is really geng, play without note! @.@
credits to her, and to yourself,too!!... and at least you can play the piano :)
Post a Comment
<< Home