Home

Second July


01 January 2009

Happy 2009!

Hi all! First and foremost, happy 2009!

I did the craziest thing ever on this new year's eve. The story macam ini: my sis sms-ed on the afternoon of 30th, congratulating me on my semester results and then asking when am I coming back.

Everything was a blur after that and the next thing I know, I'm at the railway station near Tanjong Pagar, puchasing the ticket for the last train heading towards KL which leaves at 10pm that very night. My parents knew nothing bout it.

It is so crazy. I conclude that this sudden urge to go back home is caused by none other than my parents. Initially they planned to drive down to Spore but had to cancelled it at the last minute cos my dad wasn't feeling well. Disappointed betul.

Lastly, for those of you never been on a night train, I give you photos on the train.

Looks quite pleasant for a KTM train

My humble bunk for the night

Food of the night - Julie's Love Letters

FYI, I got the cheapest of the lot for bunk beds, which is SGD38. The train was quite rocky throughout the journey, hence the belts on the upper bunk (refer to photo number 2). If you ask me, I'll say it's just part of the journey. Just imagine yourself sleeping in those swingable baby crib when you were younger lah.

For the less adventurous, I would recommend the lower bunk, which costs a tad more for many reasons - more leg space (hence the shoes near the window), more luggage space (they usually put them along the walkway, right beside their bed) and the shortest possible distance to the loo (trust me, climbing up and down the bunk ladder is not fun at all). Otherwise, you could also choose the conventional seat and be prepared to sit there for 8 hours.

****************

New semester starting tomorrow!!
Let the rat race begin.

posted by: JYLing @ 12:43 AM


2 Comments:

Blogger Toc said...

o.O
I don't know you are so..random?
LOL~i wish i can go home whenever i want la...

January 8, 2009 at 12:19 AM 
Blogger JYLing said...

I didn't know I could be that random either. haha.
Was wondering whether I should scrap the idea while travelling to the train station. Glad that I sticked to it til the end.

January 9, 2009 at 11:42 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home

+ + +

Categories

  • The Athelete
  • The Dark One
  • The Educatee
  • The Materialist
  • The Musician
  • The Oddball
  • The Snapper
  • The Sociable
  • The Taggee

Wander



Calendar

Loading...
 Loading...


Credits

+ Blogger.com
+ Simple-Blogskins

Murmurs

↑ Grab This Widget




© 2010 Second July