03 December 2008
Fugly arms
I don't know whether it's right or wrong to have chosen to gym. Obviously, I've changed quite a bit physcially. I couldn't even do 5 push-ups pre-Sg. Post-Sg, I could do more than that. And that, I see as a great personal improvement.
Should I be proud of it? I know I am, very much, inside. The first time someone complimented on my physique was at Sg. It was weird, really, considering that time I haven't started gymming, so that was purely due to basketballing. What's even weirder is that I was really pleased with what she said. I think that's what get me started on gymming.
The second time round of compliment was from my aunt. Again, call me weird or whatever, was really happy when she noticed and asked if I've been gymming. Not only that, she thought I looked better and healthier.
But then, it's really discouraging when your mom tells you what not to do at the gym. Yes, I felt ashamed when she was discussing with one of her friends how gymming, especially doing weights, would make us ladies' shoulders broader and hence, fugly.
Yes, I know it's not lady-like when you want to build muscles. It's not normal to see the average girl with arms bigger than the rest of the guys she hangs out with. But so what? I'm healthier. I feel better than ever. I appreciate the compliments very much. I feel this great positive urge to gym right after exams. I've happily made a commitment to keep in shape.
Should I be worrying bout the size of my arms? I don't know.
Labels: The Athlete
posted by: JYLing @ 11:51 PM
+ + +
Loading...
3 Comments:
You arm looks fine, don't worry!
But (yikes, you might not like what im gonna say next)...don't overdo it lor~
sigh*im so lazy to gym, hence the 'flappy' arms
Yeah, got that~
I think as long as I don't take nitrix or anything of that sort, my arms wouldn't grow much.
haha! yah, my friend calls it the bye-bye flaps cos they flap when you wave bye bye.
hey! no more cbox?
ur arms look healthy!
HAAH!!
yen
Post a Comment
<< Home