29 November 2008
Photos as promised
Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to divert your attention from the previous post and get on with some of the more exciting stuff.
Photos!
I took over 500 photos (with my friend's dslr. thank gawd for that, really) at the event that's related to the clue pic I've posted. Common sense tells you that it has got something to do with water. Then you should be able to convince yourself that when water and moi are put together, there can only be one product.
I give you.....
the Great 26th Singapore River Regatta 2008 (Day One) Post
From the name you could probably guess it. Yes, it's a dragonboat (henceforth shall be referred to as db. cos it's a hassle to type the whole thing) competition!
After concluding that this event was too good to be missed, I took a break from mugging, on the saturday just before the last week of exam. Sure enough, it wasn't just too good to be missed. It was too beyond words to be missed ok!
Again, photos will do the talking first, then I'll add some words under them just in case they don't talk to you enough already. As usual, you know the deal. Photos are clickable.
Oh wait, so many photos, where should I start? Come to think of it, I've taken so many photos of this team that I could've dedicated a whole post to them but decided against it cos somehow it's not a wise thing to do.
Why? Cos it's the ladies from Team NUS!!!
IMHO, this photo says it all - NUS ladies kicked everyone else's arse.Mind you, I was sitting very near the starting point when I took this.
See my point?That's one of the reasons why I've took so many photos of them.
I get really excited watching their races.
Yellow Boat 5 = NUS 10 Women Team BLeading at one of the national women champ heats
Anyway, all of the events in day one of the Regatta are heats. Very very unfortunately, I just had to give day two a miss, which is the finals, cos a whole Saturday's worth of mugging for exams was sacrificed for Regatta day one =( Also, I'll be reporting more on the ladies' races, instead of the guys cos..well...guys' races are not as exciting wth.
For some reasons (I'm guessing it's cos of the races falling on the exam period), the NTU ladies team wasn't in the tertiary category (would love to watch them race against NUS leh =( ) and someone told me that the ladies team that showed up under the NTU name is actually the alumni team.
So here they are.
Representing NTU in the national champ heats
This is the team (boat 1) near the finish line.
Boat 2 (from Ngee Ann Poly) was ahead of them but Boat 1 won the race.
Why? Cos Boat 2 was disqualified.
Why? I have no idea.
After crossing the finish line
Just thought I ought to post up all the photos I have of them.
Cos we have (or rather, had) the same social identity.
For some reasons (I'm guessing it's cos of the races falling on the exam period), the NTU ladies team wasn't in the tertiary category (would love to watch them race against NUS leh =( ) and someone told me that the ladies team that showed up under the NTU name is actually the alumni team.
So here they are.
Representing NTU in the national champ heatsWhen I took that photo, I didn't know that the team was actually from NTU, which means all photos of them were shot on random, which also means I could've, should've and would've taken more photos of them =( No wonder they were wearing t-shirts instead of the usual black tank tops lah.
This is the team (boat 1) near the finish line.Boat 2 (from Ngee Ann Poly) was ahead of them but Boat 1 won the race.
Why? Cos Boat 2 was disqualified.
Why? I have no idea.
After crossing the finish lineJust thought I ought to post up all the photos I have of them.
Cos we have (or rather, had) the same social identity.
The colours of this next team caught my attention most. The guys wore bright green and white while the ladies wore red instead, which is a nice combo. Not only that. One of their pacers (the rower sitting frontmost on the db) has the Mohawk. Beat that.
I give you the Republic Polytechnic db team.
They came in first at the national champ (mixed 20 crew) heats
I give you the Republic Polytechnic db team.
They came in first at the national champ (mixed 20 crew) heatsTeams from other educational instituitions:
Event No. 19
Boat 5 = ITE College West
Boat 4 = Singapore Institute of Management (SIM)
Boat 3 = Nanyang Poly
Event No. 16
SIM
20 Men Crew
Event No. 19Boat 5 = ITE College West
Boat 4 = Singapore Institute of Management (SIM)
Boat 3 = Nanyang Poly
Event No. 16SIM
20 Men Crew
You're wrong if you think that only students and youngens do db. Guess what? It's now time for some actions from the corporate world and beyond!
I just have to put this team right up and ahead of the others.
Event No. 31
Singapore Health Services
The lady was smilling for me! (I think)
This is badly taken but I just have to post it up.
Nice smile she has =)
Event No. 30
Hewlett-Packard Singapore Pte Ltd Team B (long name)
Badly taken
but posting it cos the two HP ladies kan guo lai (I think)

Since they're so sporting
so I kan guo qu
and took a few more photos of them:

Singapore Airline Cabin Crew next to them
SIA rowers' expressions: Priceless.
Event No. 16
NewUrbanMale(dot)com Pte Ltd Team B
Event No. 35
3rd most classic: names
I'm guessing that she's Caroline.
Keppel Offshore and Marine rower
Art on the body:
Event No. 34
I think all the rowers on the boat had that tattoo. Nice.
Royal Bank of Scotland rower
Spot the paddle
Whoever lost that must be cursing under his breath.
Black-coloured paddles are made from carbon fibre
and may cost at least S$200 by the way
I just have to put this team right up and ahead of the others.
Event No. 31Singapore Health Services
The lady was smilling for me! (I think)
This is badly taken but I just have to post it up.
Nice smile she has =)
Event No. 30Hewlett-Packard Singapore Pte Ltd Team B (long name)
Badly taken
but posting it cos the two HP ladies kan guo lai (I think)
Then the HP drummer lady also kan guo lai:

Since they're so sporting
so I kan guo qu
and took a few more photos of them:

Singapore Airline Cabin Crew next to themSIA rowers' expressions: Priceless.
These 2 also kan guo lai:
Event No. 16NewUrbanMale(dot)com Pte Ltd Team B
Ok. You might be bored with the endless photos of dragonheads and bright number-displaying coloured boards. But I can tell you that db isn't just about paddles, water and muscles.
It's a form of art.
I give you the art of paddles (a boh liao theme I came up with after getting bored of shooting the same things):
It's a form of art.
I give you the art of paddles (a boh liao theme I came up with after getting bored of shooting the same things):
Event No. 353rd most classic: names
I'm guessing that she's Caroline.
Keppel Offshore and Marine rower
Art on the body:
Event No. 34I think all the rowers on the boat had that tattoo. Nice.
Royal Bank of Scotland rower
And lastly, the art of camouflage:
Spot the paddleWhoever lost that must be cursing under his breath.
Black-coloured paddles are made from carbon fibre
and may cost at least S$200 by the way
Labels: The Athlete, The Snapper
posted by: JYLing @ 11:09 PM
+ + +

























Loading...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home