06 October 2008
Stressor
My dear NTU, I love you less now.
Cos of the stupid Hall Allocation System. It's not entirely stupid, I understand that Spore is an island, therefore the lack of space. But in a way you're inducing competition. With this competition comes pressure. And with pressure comes distress. What for? The benefit of lower room rent and close proximity to classes. And the cut-off point for getting a hall is expected to be really high up (near heaven) next year. Shit lo.
I've been hopping around clubs looking for points and I have to admit, I've made bad choices and missed out on a few golden opportunities. It's all too late now but I do have a rough idea of what to join and what to avoid next year.
Was kinda stress about it because at my current points, I'm expecting to be kicked out. So a few days ago, I had a conversation on this with my sis and she actually said something that instantly put away all these nonsense I'm feeling. Instantly as in just poof(!) and vanished. Her point is the fact that my old man is able to affort my off-campus accomodation (if ever I need, which is very likely) and that never ever crossed my mind. So why stress over it?
Just this evening, I skyped with my parents and told them it's likely that I'll be moving out. The weird thing is they thought that academic grades are weighted as well. If that were to be the case, I think my stress level will shoot straight up and over the chart.
Anyway, when I mentioned my sis's point to them, they don't seem to like the thought of me having that idea. So my mom kept telling me to be active in this lah that lah, try my best to join this and that lah. I get the feeling that they were presuming that I'm not bothered to join the activities to gain points because of the thought that I know he could afford it.
And then I regret complaining to them that it's not a matter of being active of not but the fact that you have to be in a committee, how much club-hopping I've done just for that reason and that it's giving me pressure =((((
Coincidently, that is what I identified as a #1 stressor earlier in the morning, in one of my classes. I thought I had found a way to manage it, apparently not.

Labels: The Educatee
posted by: JYLing @ 9:17 PM
+ + +
Loading...
1 Comments:
Hi Jiayin,
Nicholas here, dunno if you remember me lol. But anyways, I understand your stress. Singaporeans all very kiasu so don't let it get to you :) Kinda absurd that you have to be stressed over something like this as opposed to your academics... haha... Singapore. One word says it all.
Post a Comment
<< Home