28 September 2008
And the cycle continues...
Gawd, I've been missing in action for quite some time now. You might be wondering why in the world, since I'm having holidays, that I don't even have time to update my blog?
Good question.
After much thought, I've discovered the answer. Simply put it, holidays are stressful. Much more so when you're going back home as in overseas kinda home.
Don't get the wrong idea. I did not say holidays are bad ok. Mine was well spent. Lots of smiles, laughters, mama's soups and "omg you've gained weight haven't you??".
Now I shall explain why holidays are stressful or more specifically, NTU's holidays.
First, I had an assignment due in the middle of the holiday week. It's my first ever individual-based assignment over here and obviously I didn't wanna screw it. So what did I do? Chiong when at home lo (by the way, you cannot not chiong when you're at Spore. chiong might as well be my middle name. so instead of ljy, I could be lcy at times).
So yeah, stayed up til 3 a.m and my eyes almost gonna pop out from their sockets ok. Who the hell stay up til 3 a.m. to do assignments during their holidays one you tell me? Not only night, day also I do. Basically I'm in front of my laptop 70% of the time if I'm at home. That's stress factor number one.
Stress factor number two - holidays break my cycle. What cycle? I call it my imaginary cycle of chiong (hence the title). The cycle of chiong starts on a Monday. Basically Monday til Wednesday I have classes, so not much I can do in these days. The most intense part of the cycle starts from Thurday and stretches all the way til Sunday afternoon. The peak of the cycle, I would say, falls on Saturday. Elements that made up this intense part of the cycle include ta pao meals to room, butt glued to chair for hours and clearing 3 to 4 chapters of business know-hows per day. By Saturday, the level of chiong reaches its peak because Sunday is coming and Monday is coming soon as well.
Anyway, when holidays come into the picture, the cycle is affected and things start pilling up and seriously I cannot not worry.
On the other hand, holidays aren't that bad lah. Paid a visit to my old school, met the teachers (Mrs A~), did some catching ups with friends (thanks for the outings and sms-es! you know who you are =) )
And most importantly, reunion with my beloved baby grand~~~!!!!
Gawd I felt like kissing it while practising that very first day of reunion but my parents were there so I had to stay sane. Oh well, shall do it at the next holidays I suppose.
Labels: The Educatee
posted by: JYLing @ 10:56 PM
+ + +
Loading...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home