Home

Second July


30 August 2008

NTU-est. Week(4). Ever.

I had one of the most stressful days so far and it's not even academic related. I've decided to drop Dragonboat (TT.TT) after much deep thinking and endless comparing. Dragonboat is fun. Dragonboat is more meaningful to me. But I don't want to wake up every Wednesday morning with my arms malfunctioning. Nope, not when Marketing tutorial is the first item in the morning. That and coupled with the possibility that I'll get as tan as *insert image of tannest person you can think of here*, my brain is telling me that it's not worth it.

And that leaves me with Piano Ensemble. Good news is I got into the club, and so did 30 others. So that gives me less than .3 chances of securing one of the 9 sub-committee posts, which is FRIGGIN' LOW AND WORRYING ME OK!!!

Why all the fuss on securing the place, you may ask. You see, if I don't create all these fusses, I'll probably end up camping outside gawd knows where next year.

The point is, I'm not exactly a risk-taker. So I need a plan to fall back on. A plan B. That plan B would be to join the symphonic band. Yeah, I know. Even more déjà vu right. Since it's a much more exclusive (in a sense, as compared to Piano Ensemble >.>) CCA, I hope they have a place which I can fit in snuggly.

******

Worries aside, some randomness things I found out in Singapore (I get fascinated easily) :

  1. Most of the Singaporeans I know told me the easiest way to differentiate Sg chinese and My chinese is through our mandarin. They tend to speak more accurately, as in intonation of words all those lah.

  2. When you wanna park a car here, you put hazzard light.

  3. MickyD sells set meals in 'small' portion, and when you upsize, you get medium. Me being Malaysian, I thought there's only regular and large. Imagine my shocked face when I ordered the large coke.

  4. All cars stop for you when you cross the freaking road leh! Provided you're on the zebra crossing lah. Otherwise, expect loads of honkings.

  5. Singapore has lots of useful underpasses~

  6. No Baskin-Robbins, got Haagen-Dazs. No A&W, got Mos Burger.

  7. Starbucks can be found at literally every corner.

  8. Subway is good. Their cookies are heavenly.

  9. Curmplers are everywhere.

  10. NTU rox.

Labels: The Educatee

posted by: JYLing @ 2:42 PM


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

+ + +

Categories

  • The Athelete
  • The Dark One
  • The Educatee
  • The Materialist
  • The Musician
  • The Oddball
  • The Snapper
  • The Sociable
  • The Taggee

Wander



Calendar

Loading...
 Loading...


Credits

+ Blogger.com
+ Simple-Blogskins

Murmurs

↑ Grab This Widget




© 2010 Second July