Home

Second July


10 August 2008

Music Rooms

Went to Hall 16's TV lounge to catch the Olympics opening ceremony on Friday night.

Watching Mr Lee giving his pre-National Day speech

Was shocked to see Lang Lang on the piano with a little girl for only a split second! Initally I could hear piano playing but totally did not expect Lang Lang at all. Would prefer Yundi Li =P

The other performances was OK lah. Left the TV at around 10p.m because earlier in the evening while watching, Qing2 told me that there's a piano in my hall! Unbelievable. They actually have music rooms in all of the halls (or so I heard) and in the rooms would be either a keyboard or a piano.


No food, drinks or cellphones allowed

And so at 10p.m I set out to find my (hall's) piano.


The room is password protected

Was extremely overjoyed to actually find a piano here loh! Cos I brought my music sheets along (very enthu right?) and was really hoping for a chance to show off or something. Just kidding lah. And just like basketball, I didn't plan to drop my piano playing as well.

This is how hall 2's piano in the music room looks like.


decent size but got weird smell in the room

It's Cristofori and its age is probably older than my parents. The keys are clean but the touch is a bit loose here and there. Suprisingly, the tuning was ok. Good job, NTU. I spent around an hour practising that night.


shall name him Cristopher!

And this is Hall 16's music room.


my senior, the lady accountant-to-be, is teaching the guys, 2 engineers-to-be
and one future mathematician (?)


They got a brand new Clavinova leh! At least it looks new to me. So unfair. It's Yamaha somemore.

6 hands

Although getting into the music room doesn't require a password, you'll need an access card to get into Hall 16. WTH. Great job, NTU. Great job.

Labels: The Musician

posted by: JYLing @ 11:30 PM


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

+ + +

Categories

  • The Athelete
  • The Dark One
  • The Educatee
  • The Materialist
  • The Musician
  • The Oddball
  • The Snapper
  • The Sociable
  • The Taggee

Wander



Calendar

Loading...
 Loading...


Credits

+ Blogger.com
+ Simple-Blogskins

Murmurs

↑ Grab This Widget




© 2010 Second July