Home

Second July


10 July 2008

T -10 days

10 days til the drive down south. My feelings? In a way, I'm very excited to start anew there but not sure how things will go, especially whether or not my roommie will have BO. Just kidding.

I hope I won't get too much of homesick. Yep, I'm one of those lucky kids who cried and refused to get on the school bus at 7 years old. The only thing I can say about that is the teachers in my primary school are probably 10 times stricter and scarier than yours. One that I could never forget is this arts teacher. Her surname is xiao (校) and thanks to her, I always associate that surname with violence and a cane. So the story is, in arts class, we were told in advance to bring materials like manilla cards. If you were me, you'll be sorry if any one of your classmates has the slightest hint of amnesia. Now that I think bout it, it's like a god damn military school. ONE does it wrong and ALL get it.

A typical art class is as follow:

1) class goes pin-drop silent way before xiao is anywhere near
2) xiao steps into class
3) class stands up and wishes her while praying hard inside that she wouldn't lose her mind and start a canning spree
4) xiao starts canning spree cos some buggers forgot to bring their freaking manilla cards. How she does it is she goes one at a time, holding out your hand, slowly straightening it, does a bit of talking with you, then WHAM!!!!
5) There was about 50 in my class. So 50 cycles of wham in total.
6) class sits down
7) art lesson starts with some teary-eyed students

You tell me lah! Would you like to go to school with that kinda art class twice (or maybe thrice) a week?? Innocent kids get canned bi-weekly for no good reason, is that abuse or what?? Well, luckily, she got replaced by some other teacher weeks later and since then, rainbows started appearing whenever it was art class. I kid you not.

Chinese schools wouldn't be chinese enough if not for the cannings. As for now, I'm not too sure bout that. But I'm thankful that my parents had this sudden change of mind to send me there instead of going down the same path as my other siblings.

Labels: The Educatee

posted by: JYLing @ 4:08 PM


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

+ + +

Categories

  • The Athelete
  • The Dark One
  • The Educatee
  • The Materialist
  • The Musician
  • The Oddball
  • The Snapper
  • The Sociable
  • The Taggee

Wander



Calendar

Loading...
 Loading...


Credits

+ Blogger.com
+ Simple-Blogskins

Murmurs

↑ Grab This Widget




© 2010 Second July