Home

Second July


14 July 2008

Privilege to own

Here I am, counting down til the day I'll bid goodbye for real to my parents and probably my brother also. There's nothing much to do now, except the packing and shopping.

Let's talk about the shopping. I don't do much shopping. Normally, I don't go on shopping spree. If I were to spend, I would spend a big sum but on just one or two things. So these few days I'm sort of in a 'panic buying' mode. Spot anything nice and useful, one word --- sapu. My mom is my partner-in-crime at that.

Here are 5 things I never have the privilege to own for the last 19 years, until now.


1. Shades

Good for: Sunny Singapore. Since I'll be expecting lots of travelling by bus ( esp #11) and mrt, a pair of shades would come in handy. Not to mention, it's a zhng-yourself must-have item.

Bad for: me who's not used to wearing glasses.


2. Flip-flops

Good for: travelling from your room to the hostel loo. I have a pair of casual sandals but not flip-flops.

Bad for: rainy days.


3. Hoodie jacket

Good for: chilly lecture halls. Yes, it's a privillage to actually have a jacket hanging in my wardrobe. There wasn't one before this because...I don't need it. Plus my sister has one or two lying around somewhere if ever I need one. So far, no luck in finding a decent hoodie jacket with a decent price. Will make do with 2 new ones without hoodie but vows to get one with hoodie. Cos hoodies have the zhng factor.

Bad for: hot weather and my parents' bank account.


4. Money clipper

Good for: keeping my money intact. I know what you're thinking. WTH YOU NEED A CLIPPER TO CLIP YOUR MONEY??? Yes, it's generally a men's thing. If Dior and LV are making handbags for men, I don't see why money clippers don't go with women. Let's just say I don't like the bulkiness of purses. I have a few of them, but whenever I go out with my mom, I just shove the fives and tens into my pocket, along with my IC and driver's license. This shoving part is gonna change if there's a money clipper.

Bad for: me when I have *ahem* some photos to keep close by.



5. Notebook


Good for: students everywhere.

Bad for: heavy gaming.


As for the packing, I'm still working on it.

Labels: The Materialist

posted by: JYLing @ 11:15 PM


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

+ + +

Categories

  • The Athelete
  • The Dark One
  • The Educatee
  • The Materialist
  • The Musician
  • The Oddball
  • The Snapper
  • The Sociable
  • The Taggee

Wander



Calendar

Loading...
 Loading...


Credits

+ Blogger.com
+ Simple-Blogskins

Murmurs

↑ Grab This Widget




© 2010 Second July