01 June 2008
My four minutes
Hey, have you heard Madonna's new 4 Minutes single? If not, you better do. Because I loop it over 20 times a day, everyday til I get bored of it which may be weeks later.

So yesterday I sat down, gave a hard thought as to why this song is so addictive and came up with a few ideas. I have a lot of time to spare, apparently.
Maybe it's cos of Timbaland's repetitive opening which goes: I'm out of time and all I got is 4 minutes, 4 minutes. Eh!
He repeats that phrase 8 times (I've counted), total worth of over 30 seconds before Madonna actually comes in. The only explanation I can find for rinsing and repeating that he's out of time is cos they wanna drag the song til it's 4:04 minutes long. Why not make it 4:00 minutes is a mystery to me. He co-wrote the song with JT by the way.
But then I thought, maybe it's cos of JT. I'm a fan of Justin if you haven't notice from my second last tag. He can sing, dance, beatbox, do piano, date and ditch Britney. How can you not like him?? Tell me.
Throughout the song, he's the one who says we only got 4 minutes to save the world, grab a girl and don't be a primadonna. I say whoever wrote that nonsensical lyrics is a genius ok.
Or maybe, I'm just plain impressed by Madonna. She's 50 going on 30, don't you think so? Just take a look at her Hard Candy album cover. Don't look too long tho.
In the song, I wouldn't say her voice is good or anything ( for Justin, yes it is good as usual). I don't know, maybe it's her tick-tock-ings that had hit me, which by the way, I have to tell you this, my dad sang along with the tick-tock-ings in a mocking way. I think he's annoyed that I'm looping it.
While some say it's cos of the marching-band bumps, others say it's the background's afrobeat horn. Whatever the reason is, it'll sit on my playlist for a while.
Labels: The Oddball
posted by: JYLing @ 2:10 PM
+ + +
Loading...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home