Home

Second July


27 June 2008

BSOD

Oh god, my desktop BSOD ( blue screen of death fyi) on me 2 days ago cos of some graphic cards error. The only way to log into the desktop if thru safemode, which displays sans graphic cards so everything appears in size 100 instead of size 0, as if you're half blind.

Initially I suspect it's a software error or something cos it has to do with this nv4_disp.dll bug. Google it and you willl get thousands of hits. But then Linux's Ubuntu is having problem loading the desktop display too, so it must be hardware I guess.

Thankfully data not lost and internet connection still there. So what do I do next? Switch to my red hot new laptop. It's red but not that hot cos it's satin matte. I prefer gloss. Oh well, nothing's perfect.

Labels: The Oddball

posted by: JYLing @ 4:48 PM


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

+ + +

Categories

  • The Athelete
  • The Dark One
  • The Educatee
  • The Materialist
  • The Musician
  • The Oddball
  • The Snapper
  • The Sociable
  • The Taggee

Wander



Calendar

Loading...
 Loading...


Credits

+ Blogger.com
+ Simple-Blogskins

Murmurs

↑ Grab This Widget




© 2010 Second July