Home

Second July


05 April 2008

Concert issues

Silently, I hope the old fart who was sitting behind me rot and burn in hell. That, or have his legs chopped off.

My CPK genes worked overtime earlier this evening. Was at this Spring Festival Concert at KLPAC. Traditional Chinese music played by modern orchestral instruments, brilliant. I could've sat there and ogle at the timpanist all night. And you know how some Chinese songs have strong background beats right? That's when I felt endless soft thumps on the back of my seat.

My very first innocent thought - Wow, are the drums so strong ar?
Sounds stupid. Then I realized the thumps continued even when there was no one on the drums nor timpani.
So it's either my heartbeat or the old fart's legs behind my seat. Seriously, it was freezing there and I was practically shivering til I could feel my heart working hard. At least that was what I thought and had no idea how much time I spent feeling frustrated by the thumps instead of ogling at the timpanist.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt until the concert ended and at the end of the day, hated myself for being like most people in my situation, just turning your head to look ever so slightly over your shoulder, hoping the inconsiderate fler behind you would get the message. Sigh. It's one of the situations I hate being in.

And don't even get me started on the dress code. T-shirt and cargo pants? Polo shirt with collar rolled up like a bunch of sausages? I don't know why underdressing gets me.

Labels: The Musician

posted by: JYLing @ 11:10 PM


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

+ + +

Categories

  • The Athelete
  • The Dark One
  • The Educatee
  • The Materialist
  • The Musician
  • The Oddball
  • The Snapper
  • The Sociable
  • The Taggee

Wander



Calendar

Loading...
 Loading...


Credits

+ Blogger.com
+ Simple-Blogskins

Murmurs

↑ Grab This Widget




© 2010 Second July