Home

Second July


24 March 2008

My PSP. My prrreciousss.

Ops, sorry for the late update. You know lah, with a new PSP comes great responsibilities. Just have to play it everyday.




Where do I start? It's such a long story. Long post ahead.

Ahem.

Once upon a Hari Keputeraan of a Nabi which falls on Thursday, my dad bought me a PSP at Plaza Low Yat. I'm not a spoiled brat. It's just that we have this tradition of rewarding after results. Of course, the better the results, the bigger your reward lah.




















Before I start on my precious PSP, I would like to inform you that whenever you shop at Plaza Low Yat, please please please be smart and do a price-check online or in local forums beforehand. Why? Because if you didn't, well, you're just not being smart.


PSP stands for PlayStation Portable. According to me, it pwns the Nintendo DS ( I don't own one) and all the Ipods out there, be it large, mini, nano or classic (again, I don't own any Ipods).



Black beauty

The PSP you see in the picture is the second generation - Slim & Lite in Piano Black. I wanted Ice Silver, but my dad insisted on Piano Black. The first generation was the Phat, naturally being fatter.


Crystal casing

So what makes PSP so portable?

Waaliaooeeh, so slim.

It's as slim as an average PDA phone.
Long enough so that your hands are well apart when gaming.


▲○x□

Short enough to put into your Coach or LV or whatever handbags you're into.


←↑→↓

It has this large kickass 4.3 inches (16:9) full-transparent type LCD screen. When not in use, it doubles up as a mirror. The "(16:9) full-transparent" is added just to sound specs-y and geeky. Have no idea what they really meant unless I google it of cos.


Shiny mirror


Being one of Sony's, the medium used is, of course, the Memory Stick. I'm currently using one which is 4Gigs in size and can store anywhere around 3 to 10 games.


Memario Sticko Duo. In Latin.

The game cartridge for PSP is called the Universal Media Disc (UMD). An original UMD costs over 100 bucks while games downloaded off the BitComet is FOC.


The jaws of UMD

In addition, you can listen to music.

I'm bringing sexy back. Yeah.

I call this the hi-fi mode.

Watch movies. (in MP4 format only, sadly)

No movies in stock, sorry

Play Final Fantasy. My favourite.



Play Bust-a-Move. (or the bubblepop game, as I call it)


Play Naruto.

Watch how sucky Naruto is on TV3

View pictures.


☺

Play Tennis (my bro's pick. Being a loveable sister, I am sharing my prrrrecioussss with him. Not 50-50 of course)

Sharapova is inside but no Justine Henin =(


Ogle at very virtual but hensem game/anime characters.


Sorry too dark


Sexy Sephiroth

Download and change themes.



If you like chocolate milk.



Can Zhng it with neon also.


Cookies maybe?



Or sushi.







Best of all.
It's WiFi-ed!! All ready to go at Starbucks.


You can check your mail.



Read my blog.






The PSP does not have a camera. But! A separate webcam could be attached to it for Skype-ing in the future. And other functions include plug&play on TV (LCD or plasma only mind you) and internet radio.


So many goodies in one!
What's the downside?

I'll say it would be better if the battery could last longer. At the rate I'm using it now, have to charge everyday lah. Each charge can last me around 4-5 hours of gaming, with the built-in stereo speakers on at all times. Which means I'm not using earphones, might save a bit of battery.



All in all, at RM800 inclusive of the console itself, adaptor, memory stick, pouches, straps, crystal casing, screen protector and earphones with remote control, it is definitely a good buy. At least it's cheaper than your Ipod.


Labels: The Materialist

posted by: JYLing @ 12:04 PM


1 Comments:

Blogger Yoshua said...

Wah......Sooooooo cooooool you have a PSP!!!! I'm saving up for one! probs is I only Have a hundred Bucks now! 650 More to go!!! :-( But anyway the PSP ROCKS!ROCKS!!!!!


All the best,
Yoxh

September 24, 2008 at 11:06 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home

+ + +

Categories

  • The Athelete
  • The Dark One
  • The Educatee
  • The Materialist
  • The Musician
  • The Oddball
  • The Snapper
  • The Sociable
  • The Taggee

Wander



Calendar

Loading...
 Loading...


Credits

+ Blogger.com
+ Simple-Blogskins

Murmurs

↑ Grab This Widget




© 2010 Second July