08 March 2008
Election, leotards and insomnia
Since it is Election Day today, I would like to make a tiny comment on it.
Ahem.
Nothing, I mean nothing, whatsoever, brings out unity like a good ol' election does. My dad kinda chatted with two Indians and one Chinese at the local sundry shop with its TV switched on to reports on the election results earlier this evening, and that, I can tell you, is a rare but somewhat wonderful sight.
I paid a visit to a ballet academy in Phileo Damansara today, to secure a job which I don't think I have the chance to commit. Long story. Anyway, if I have to choose one word to describe the academy, it would be 'miniature'.
Almost every furniture, if not all, in that studio comes in XS size - their benches, reception counter, stairs etc. You know lah, most ballerinas-to-be ( or danseurs-to-be, for males; which reminds me, not a single male in sight at the studio) start young and I can see they are really encouraging with the nice pinkish decorations. Sweet lah. It's just that those sugar, spice and everything nice made me feel like a clumsy giant. Then there were children in uber tight pink leotards running around, so I can imagine how it's like being a clumsy giant surrounded by kiut pink pixies.
Watched my first ever ballet class, live. It was a very wonderful experience, I kinda smiled on my own while watching it. Owhhh, the kiutness ( although a wee on the clumsy side, their toes weren't as tippy as expected) immediately creates bubbles of happiness in me =D The pixies did their routine, repeatedly, with the piano background and the ballet teacher screaming "One, tip, tip!". Obviously, her screams had not much of an effect on her students' toes.
At the end of the day, I'm glad I made the visit, although its more of an interview lah. Not gonna elaborate on the interview because I'm keeping it for myself =)
As for this coming Tuesday....I CAN'T SLEEP WTH!!!!
posted by: JYLing @ 11:23 PM
+ + +
Loading...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home