10 February 2008
Summary of my Lunar New Year
Day 1
Breakfast: Roti Telur. When the Chinese are celebrating, we eat Indian food.
Lunch: At unc's place.
Dinner: Again, at unc's place.
Yee Sang: Nil.
Ang Pao: A few.
Highlights of the day: Managed to finish 3 sudokus and played a game of rummy while waiting for some far relatives to arrive at my unc's place.
Day 2
Breakfast: Roti canai. Not roti telur ok?
Lunch: At unc's place yet again.
Dinner: Overseas Restaurant at the new Jaya One. Not Jaya 33. Don't mix them up.
Yee sang: A salmon one.
Ang Pao: A handful.
Highlights of the day: Visited my yi pos' (I think). In total we visited 3 relatives' houses and every time before we* step into one, I would ask my mom/whoever young and has a good memory/someone from the older generation/dad on what is the relation between me and the elderlies inside, which I will then insert in this sentence " _____, Xin Nian Kuai Le!!" accompanied by a big and friendly sunshine smile. Terrible, I know. We see them once a year only you know?'
One more highlight that I would like to add is that we celebrated my granma's birthday after the dinner and the durian cake was heavenly.
* 'we' refers to my granma, big unc's family, big aunt's family, second unc's family and yours truly's family.
Breakfast: 2 slices of pork jerky. Not a good breakfast choice.
Lunch: At home as usual.
Dinner: At home as usual.
Yee Sang: Nil.
Ang Pao: One only.
Highlight of the day: Nil. The CNY feel had died down drastically. It was almost like a normal saturday. Almost, just because of the ang pao.
Bonus pic.
I thought some of you would recognise the green-shirt guy ;)
Labels: The Sociable
posted by: JYLing @ 11:05 PM
+ + +






Loading...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home