25 February 2008
Sayonara, manual car!
Today,
* the amount of second-hand smoke I breathed in could shorten my life by a week.
* I stopped in the yellow box, on the road right there at the junction outside Armada Hotel, and the JPJ guy lectured me on that.
* the car engine died on me more frequent than I ever had in the last 12 hours of my driving lesson.
* I would've failed my on-the-road driving test.
BUT....
I think today, right up there, sat a humongous shiny star. It shined so hard that I passed my driving test. Yes, even after stopping on the yellow box. That is a stupid stupid story, I tell you. Stupid of me. The JPJ guy was talking to me and I was listening til I've totally forgotten about the yellow box. At the same time, a truck was coming out from the junction and he fitted snugly on the spot right after the yellow box. Which leaves me, already half way on the yellow box, stopping on it. And you know what they say, stop in the box and you'll get your one-way ticket back to the driving centre on the passenger seat.
Anyway, I drove all the way to the centre and after pulling the handbrake, he asked me if this is my first time, blah blah, said I drove well outside minus the yellow box incident, more blahs and finally, asked me if I could do the test all over again.
Silly enough, I replied " Now? One more try?"
And he answered bluntly, " Minggu depan."
That means he's gonna fail me today lah. Then, I did something I normally wouldn't do.
No, I didn't seduce him or that sort. I put on my persuasive face and voice ( my voice was rather shaky at that moment, was nervous and afraid of failing of cos) , both I never knew I have until then. I didn't even use the words "please" or "tolonglah" and somehow at the end of the conversation, he handed me a slip with the lulus box checked.
Not exactly the way I wanna pass a test, but oh well, I'm still thankful for that.
After the on-the-road test was the slope, parking and 3-point-turn combo. My slope went rather well, then I think the car died on me around 3 times during parking ( for the record, never once while I was practising) and once on my 3-point turn (again, never during practise). The problem is, the car was rotten. Seriously, everyone was complaining about their cars. The one I drove outside had a broken handbrake and seatbelt while for the combo test I had one with lousy clutch.
Yeah, today is the day manual cars can kiss my arse goodbye.
posted by: JYLing @ 4:52 PM
+ + +
Loading...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home