Home

Second July


17 January 2008

The 3rd recording

Presenting!

My 3rd official piano recording!!!!
I have many many unofficial ones.



This time it's a classical. If you've watched Secret (不能说的秘密) , the movie directed by Jay Chou, you should be familiar with this song. If you haven't, go download or watch it at crunchyroll or whatever lar, worth your time, not a bad movie at all.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of Jay's acting nor his looks (as for his compositions and voice, yes I am), that is why I've only decided to watch the movie early this year, which is a bit late. One day, XY told me the piano-playing in the movie was great, especially the piano battle. I checked it out and decided to make a recording of the first song from the piano battle (斗琴) scene.

Now, a bit on the piece. It's a variation on an etudé composed by the famous romantic era composer, Chopin. The piece is also known the black key etude. Yes, black key. Watch the video and you'll notice in the first half of the song, the right hand is exclusively on the black keys.
Whoever came up with the idea of the second half, which is the variation part, is smart. The second half sounds just like the first half, except this time it's all on white keys.

Last but not least, this recording would be....... wait for it............ a dedication. Since I've dedicated my first recording to a number of people who've made life easier, I might as well dedicate this to another bunch of people for another reason lar.

Oh well, here goes. First to my teachers, I miss them very much - Mrs A, Mrs T and Mrs Ch especially. Then, to my schoolmates I'm missing - Meix2, Sunny, S.Chi and ST especially. Obviously, I miss my Form6 life. Copying homeworks notes was so much fun. Not forgetting, a few "Secret" fans out there I know, namely XY and pK.

Hmm, I wonder if PY is a fan of that movie...





Labels: The Musician

posted by: JYLing @ 6:00 PM


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

+ + +

Categories

  • The Athelete
  • The Dark One
  • The Educatee
  • The Materialist
  • The Musician
  • The Oddball
  • The Snapper
  • The Sociable
  • The Taggee

Wander



Calendar

Loading...
 Loading...


Credits

+ Blogger.com
+ Simple-Blogskins

Murmurs

↑ Grab This Widget




© 2010 Second July