Home

Second July


28 December 2007

Best of '07

Hi all!

The year is coming to an end and what better way to mark its end than having a...



*******************************************



2ND JULY BEST OF '07 AWARD
Best viewed with 1280 x 1204 resolution. Thanks.

Yeah. It's the award where the nominees don't need to wear anything formal, walk the red carpet and all that crap. That is why the winners don't get anything at all. Well, at least they get eternal glory on my blog. That's all I have to offer.

I'll make this thing annual if I'm still here next year.

Just sit back and enjoy, ladies and gentlemen.


Food of the Year

It's rare for me to actually have a favourite food because there's just so many good food out there. But this Honey Dew Sai Mai Lou (密瓜西米露) from Kei Tak Sek desserts shop or KTZ (记得食) is da bomb.

I started making regular visits to the shop early this year because of piano practices at Wagner Piano. Lucky me, KTZ is within walking distance.

Scooping up each spoonful of icy honey dew flavoured ice is like scooping up all the good news you could ever imagine with a spoon. Then once you had the first spoon, you wouldn't wanna stop, trust me.

Any day at any time (except rainy days) , offer me a bowl of this and I would gladly do you a favour. Terms and conditions applied lar, of course.

Credits to DavidCheong@blogspot for the photo



Classmate of the Year

This guy was singing Teletubbies' theme song the moment he stepped into our Lower 6 class last year.

Amirul, or in short, Biru, is the Classmate of the Year because he shocked us all with his femininity when ND's around.

I like his jokes and his funny face. He's sporting, never sit still, loves to say "I love you" to teachers and has the guts to show me all the dirty stuff in his Nokia hand phone. =.=




Teacher of the Year

Obviously, it's obvious that Mrs A is the Teacher of the Year. If you've read me well enough, she's been mentioned here in my blog a few times.

Why is she the Teacher of the Year? A lot of factors. For one, she once offered to pay me to teach the class, if the class prefers me over her. She said that with a smile =D

Besides the fact someone actually chosen physics over biology just to have Mrs A in that someone's lessons, Mrs A could be a bit scary at times, but that's what makes her good at what she does, I guess.

She becomes 10 times cooler than usual when cruising in her silver 2nd generation CR-V with shades on.




Mrs Ch, my Chemistry teacher for Upper 6, deserves the Honourable Mention Award for making me love Chemistry and simplifying it very thoroughly.

I'm not sure whether it's the way she teaches, her bright smile or if it's her relatively dark complexion.

Usually what she does is, she'll add in some interesting everyday-life info related to some chemistry chapters while she's teaching.

For someone around the same age as my mom, she's cool enough to use the word "typo".







Coolest Quote of the Year


Mrs A was discussing math exercises with us and just when we were ready for the next question on matrix, she stopped.

She didn't prepare the answer for that particular question, said ". . . matrix is boring..." and skipped to the next question.

I think that's not something a math teacher would normally say, but it's so so true.

Matrix is boring (although it's interesting in the beginning, not the problem solving part at the end) and it's the last in my list of maths chapters to study.






Loot of the Year


The Crumpler Western Lawn is nothing special. It's the cheapest in the range of messenger bags.

Hell, I paid for the 3-digit price tag with my savings and I know I'm loving it now and always.












Most Memorable Event of the Year



It was 2nd July and they surprised me with a cake. What I least expected was the involvement of KL from 2 classes down, I think he was in charged of not letting me leave the canteen while they brought out the cake.

That was also my first ever birthday surprise complete with candles, birthday song and presents. Sweeeet =)








Following closely behind is the Sports Day in May. Sports Day may suck for some people, but definitely not to me.

You see, Sports Day events are no-no for me in for the last 5 years because I was physically and mentally bound by the school band - if there's a sports day, there's a band performing.

I've also gotten my first ever golds, silver and bronze that day.






Also following closely behind is the Malaysia International Fireworks Competition in August.

What more can I say? It's truly a great experience you don't get often.








MSN Buddy of the Year

Day or night, rain or snow, high or low, summer or winter, spring or fall, whenever I on my MSN, 90% or the time he's online.

The Cathedral and the Bazaar is always ready to talk, even if I'm not ready to. What's good about him is that we could talk about anything under the sun.

Need to know anything about our school?
Need a teacher's mobile number?
Wanna know Mr Chua's deepest secret?

The Cathedral and the Bazaar is all I need. Yeah, his nickname is kinda long.





Craziest Act of the Year

It was a blissful sunny day in June. Fran and I met up with pK for a mini gathering at the MickeyD. Fran had something to do and left the two of us.

We were walking around Old Town like 2 lepakers, hoping to borrow a basketball when a drop of rain fell on my hand. I said it's raining, and pK asked me how did I know.

At that very moment we were still walking around like 2 lepakers. The next second, it was pouring.

The following second, we ran for our lives.

The following minute, we arrived safely at her house, clothes all wet. That is how I con her to lead me to her house.

The running in the rain part deserves the Craziest Act of the Year Award.



Compliment of the Year



This award is so self-explanatory.

I was so happy that day, I actually Print-Screened the chatbox and saved the image file somewhere safe.What's better than having your favourite teacher complimenting you right?

I have a feeling that I might look back at this one day, laugh so hard and have a choke or two.








************************************************************

2007 is like a long roller coaster ride, with ups, downs and a few loops, and it looks like the ride doesn't stop on Monday. Shit.



posted by: JYLing @ 10:34 PM


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

time flies....
no long baby yin
lol!

yen

December 30, 2007 at 12:58 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Cathedral and the Bazaar is the name of a book by Eric S. Raymond. saw this in Garden's Border

January 1, 2008 at 1:24 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home

+ + +

Categories

  • The Athelete
  • The Dark One
  • The Educatee
  • The Materialist
  • The Musician
  • The Oddball
  • The Snapper
  • The Sociable
  • The Taggee

Wander



Calendar

Loading...
 Loading...


Credits

+ Blogger.com
+ Simple-Blogskins

Murmurs

↑ Grab This Widget




© 2010 Second July