Home

Second July


29 September 2007

scrap-o-cert-book

It's double happiness! Trials just ended and I have just got my diploma cert. Yes, they handed out blank scrolls on the diploma conferment ceremony.

Certificates. You can live without them, yes. But you can't really submit an application for scholarship without them.




This reminds me about the time I applied for scholarships 2 years back, along with my mates. Oh boy, was I surprised when I saw that one of my friends had her collection of certs, ranging from small matters like participation in making a charity curtain&bedroom soft furnishing-making competition a success (total crap. I have one too) to something big and impressive like erm...an award from a quiz perhaps?

Your school leaving/testimonial/penilaian aktiviti kokurikulum crap certs don't do much as certs because everyone has it.

Anyway, she had all her photocopied certs binded nicely and it was like a scrapbook that says "turn me til the last page baby and be impressed".
At the front of the scrapbook, you should put something that kicks arse like a diploma in something ( this is an example ok. Totally not referring to anyone at all =P).
At the rear end pulak only you start putting in your school leaving/testimonial/penilaian aktiviti kokurikulum crap certs.

At that very moment, I realised something.
The people in charge of approving the scholarship applications probably judge your worthiness by the thickness of your scrapbook.

It's either:
a) "Wah, this fler's so thick. Oklar, pass."
OR
b) "This fler's no thick." *throws scrapbook into recycle bin*

Yeah, that's student life baby.

Labels: The Educatee

posted by: JYLing @ 5:36 PM


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

+ + +

Categories

  • The Athelete
  • The Dark One
  • The Educatee
  • The Materialist
  • The Musician
  • The Oddball
  • The Snapper
  • The Sociable
  • The Taggee

Wander



Calendar

Loading...
 Loading...


Credits

+ Blogger.com
+ Simple-Blogskins

Murmurs

↑ Grab This Widget




© 2010 Second July