21 September 2007
The brain and I
As you might have realized, dear readers, the inactivity is due to my trials.
It started officially today with Biology as the appetizer. Started unofficially last week with the MUET (Malaysian University English Test) , which is quite useless to include it in our trials. Why? Let's not get into it.
I've never felt more like a semi-bio student (I'm not a full time bio student lar) in these past few days of dormancy, not hibernating, but cramping 2 whole volumes (almost) of biology facts into my brain. Thus the reduced activity.
How do I know if I'm studying too much?
The moment I wake up each morning, my brain will ask me : "Wokay. Jia Yin, it's a brand new day but what comes next after alpha-ketoglutarate in the Krebs Cycle?"
Then I'll take a moment to differentiate between Krebs Cycle ( in very simple English, that's respiration) and Calvin Cycle ( again, in very simple English, that's photosynthesis). I'll go through each and every one of the dammit substances/molecules/substrates in the cycles til I reach alpha-ketoglutarate. It's in one of the cycles, but I always mix them up dammit.
If I can't seem to find alpha-ketoglutarate?
Me: "Oh shit." *runs to check book*
Silly, I know.
Heck, there's a helluva cycles in Biology that you really can't enter the exam hall without them. The reactions just like to go in circles I tell you.
Even when I'm bathing. My brain just won't stop.
Brain : "Wokay. Now that it's quiet here, Jia Yin, list out all the chromosomal mutations."
Me :"Changes in the structure and number of chromosomes mah. Yeah. I can answer this. No need to list out."
Brain : "NO. Better to list out or confirm you'll forget!!!"
Me :"......... Monosomy - Turner Syndrome. Trisomy - Down Syndrome blah yada and blah.."
Someday, I won't be a doctor.
Labels: The Educatee
posted by: JYLing @ 8:36 PM
+ + +
Loading...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home