Home

Second July


03 June 2007

TP Band rox around the clock



This post is dedicated to all the TP Band members ( referring to Taman Petaling k? There's another TP Band in S'pore, some polytechinic. *Sweat*). Specially for you all! And of course, to the beloved Mr Chan, you're great as ever. =)


TP Band in Concert ~Musical Salute~. Night of June second. AWESOME. Luckily I brought my (dad's) ol digicam along. I know I don't take good pictures, yeah, whatever lar. If you weren't there yesterday, good news! You've just missed a great concert.


The Rehearsal
~ of shorts and slippers ~


Clarinets ( yes, that's me in black) and saxophones



Flutes and percussions


Me again! You're probably more interested in the girl beside me, I know.



The emcees! Fran and Ivy.


One last rehearsal.


Mr Chan the Great in action.


The band performed 8 songs in total, the ex-seniors band (ahem, yours truly was inside) performed 2 songs.My mom liked the piece Persian Market, my gang of friends ( I don't wanna name people lar.......Kenneth Hiew, Jason Tan, L. Pui Mun, S. Say Teng and ND Wong!!!!) enjoyed songs like Rock Around The Clock and Pirates of the Caribbean, so did my bro ( I think). I, personally, like Persian Market, Princess Mononoke (Joe Hisaishi's work!) , We Are The World, some Teresa Teng songs (don't have the tian mi mi song leh..wasted) , Pirates of the Caribbean ( I so love the highlights on He's A Pirate), The Merry Widow....aiya, I love all the songs lar!!!

The Concert
~ pretty girls in yellow, red and black ~

Wish I could be up there with them! Very grand.


With great big instruments come great players.


Percussion section


My all-time-fav row, the trumpets and trombones (I still love clarinet ok!)


A whole new experience of joget in Joget Kenangan Manis.


The Ex-Seniors Band
~ Exes in black, the girls in white top ~

All rise


The girl in the middle! That's my junior leh! Can say she's quite pro already.


Ex-seniors in action. Feels like old times~


Yours truly yet again. Bored of it already?


One of the ex-seniors, Mei Xin, singing Teresa Teng's. She's good~


Was this the end or the beginning part ar? Forgotten liao.



The singers were good, the lightings were great, the audience was responsive, my gang of friends and family enjoyed themselves, Mr. Chan looked stunning, the girls (as in the band girls) were pretty, the YB Dato was punctual (not Malaysian time ok?), my clarinet didn't squeak....Ah~It's like jumbling all the bests together in one night. Simply marvelous.


Snapping together before the concert.


She ar...what more can I say..she's a trombonist lar. hehe..


End the day with a mamak session. Perfect.

I love them!

Labels: The Musician

posted by: JYLing @ 10:24 AM


2 Comments:

Blogger KeNth said...

wahahaha i found your blog! xD

fuiseh i like the first pic

hate the last pic =.=

take my picture with eyes closed =.='''

June 4, 2007 at 1:29 AM 
Blogger JYLing said...

Haha! no flash also your eyes close. You lar, snap me pulak >.>

June 4, 2007 at 9:43 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home

+ + +

Categories

  • The Athelete
  • The Dark One
  • The Educatee
  • The Materialist
  • The Musician
  • The Oddball
  • The Snapper
  • The Sociable
  • The Taggee

Wander



Calendar

Loading...
 Loading...


Credits

+ Blogger.com
+ Simple-Blogskins

Murmurs

↑ Grab This Widget




© 2010 Second July